Saturday, February 27, 2010

Poppy Seed Challenge

Lisa Johnson is one of the amazing designers at PTI and I check out her blog frequently. I get so much inspiration from her blog and now she is having a weekly challenge for even more inspiration. (go here ....

http://www.poppypaperie.typepad.com/ if you would like to join in!) .

It is called The Poppy Seed Challenge! Each week, she will announce the new seeds to create with.

The "seeds" for this first challenge are:
color.........................light yellow

embellishment....... crystals

image element....... flower


Sooo. here is my card....

It has been raining here ALL day (which we are definitely not used to, but I love!) so the picture might be a little dark. I used Papertrey Friends til the End and Big and Bold Wishes stamps. Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart card stock. Oh and I stamped the flower on white and colored it with my ONE yellow Copic marker and a couple green and a tan one. I was going to put a crystal in the center of the flower, but had this cool button that was screaming at me to use it instead! So I put some tiny ones around it and a bigger one by thank you sentiment. I also used Versa Mark ink to stamp the leaf image on the lemon tart paper. This was a really fun challenge and I am looking forward to more!

6 comments:

  1. I love this flower! Those colors are wonderful together, and I love how you colored in the flower. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, Great job coloring with ONE yellow marker. Great minds think alike - love that flower. Overall, I think, your card is Amazing! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, mom- that looks really great! :-) i like the little button, it looks like a mini flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! You did an awesome job on this challenge! :)
    Nadya

    ReplyDelete