Monday, March 29, 2010

Die Cut Challenge

Since I am a pretty new card maker, I really appreciate the challenges many talented designers post on their blogs. It helps to get some inspiration and have somewhere to begin my card.
I made this card in response to Betsy Veldman's challenge. http://scrapbookgirl.typepad.com/paper_scissors_and_superh/2010/03/a-day-to-take-note.html
She posted 9 cool way to jazz up die cuts on the PaperCrafts blog and the challenge was to use one of the techniques on your card.

I chose to stamp on my die cuts. I stamped polka dots on the stem and Background Basics: Botanicals on the layers of flowers. I used pop dots to raise the flowers. There are more challenges posted so I better get moving because the time limit is tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen! This card is so FABULOUS!! I love the effect the stamping has on the flower...it's so pretty! I also love the way you have the strips of color in the background. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! I love the stamping on the die flowers- and those strips of color are very Betsy-esque! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete