Saturday, June 19, 2010

Masculine Card Challenge




I really needed a challenge to get me in the mood to make some more cards. I am a bit of a procrastinator and like having a date when things HAVE to be done by to get me started!

The challenge is to be inspired by a piece of men's clothing and create a masculine card.
I picked the shirt my son was wearing yesterday. Here is a picture of him wearing it a couple months ago in the backyard with his sisters.Here it is up close.
I picked out the card stock to match. PTI Kraft, Smokey Shadow and a light grey color from my scrapbook stash. Then I looked for stamps that might work and ended up using some leaves from PTI First Fruits stamp set. I stamped them in Smokey Shadow and True Black on Kraft strip. I cut a "pocket" with a nestabilities die and tried to sew a border on it but just couldn't get it straight on the machine. Gave up and poked holes in it and sewed by hand. I added a brad for the "button". The "Love You" sentiment is from PTI's Damask Designs set. I just blocked off the (I) when stamping it. I thought the swirly letters looked a bit like the Lucky Brand label.

Well there it is, I am not sure if it is "masculine" enough, but my husband will say he loves it anyway! :D There is another challenge posted and I am hoping I will get to play with that later today!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh!!! I LOVE this, Colleen!! Simply amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along!!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the stitched detail for the "pocket"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Colleen. I love the floral in these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Love how you were inspired by your son's shirt! Now I am inspired my your card! Just stunning! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete