Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey Jan2011 Blog Hop

This month's blog hop is all about using your stamps that have been neglected and just taking up space for too long. I looked through my stamps and was disappointed to see there were actually several that I haven't used yet! And that doesn't even consider the new ones that I got in the mail yesterday! So I quickly decided...who needs to do laundry and clean the house when these stamps need my attention today! Not me!!!
Laundry will be the neglected one today! Yay!

I got Tiny Treats Valentines several months ago but haven't used it other than to stamp it in my organizing book. SO..I made this....
I used Sweet Blush cardstock along with some Happy Spots patterned paper. I colored the owl with Copics. I stamped the circle frame with Sweet Blush ink onto White and then cut the circle with a scallop scissors. Then I used a piercing tool to add the holes around the circle.

I also purchased the Trademarks stamp set many months ago and am pretty sure it hasn't been used either!Here is the card I just made...
I stamped several labels each 3 times in chocolate ink onto a piece of dotted paper from the Library Ledger paper pack.I did a bit of masking. Then I sewed around the edge.  I used the die from the tea set to cut the center label and a circle punch for the top one. I popped up the center label with some foam tape and was done!

 I can't wait to see what everybody else has been up to but am going to have to wait just a bit longer because I have an eye appointment in about half an hour! But when I get back I will definitely be hopping to everyone else's blogs! Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. Sweet little owl, that's one of my favorite images from that set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable owl card! Very fun to see Trademarks used for a card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl card. So cute in the pinks:) And I love how you used all the different trademarks stamps! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Valentine is cheery sweet! And the trademark background looks sooo great on that patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little owl card is SUPER cute- I think the little pink owl is just adorable.
    I cannot believe what I'm seeing with the second card. I've never seen Trademarks used on the FRONT of a card before, and it.is.awesome!!!!! I'm kicking myself right now for not thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards--I really like the pink owl one, it is so cute!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so cute, but I especially love the background you stamped with the Handmade set! I never would have thought of using it that way, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute owl card! I just got this set and can't wait to ink it up! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with Trademarks! Very clever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are just amazing, but your card using Trademarks is very creative. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty cards! I love the pink owl. So cute! And do now own Trademarks but now I'm adding it to my wish list. I like the look of the card you made using it.

    ReplyDelete