Monday, August 8, 2011

Fanatical About Botanical #3

For my 3rd entry in the Moxie Fab's Blog challenge ( http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/07/next-moxie-fab-world-challenge.html ), I was inspired by this awesome pair of shoes from Le Scrap de Caio that Cath posted as an example of the Botanical Style.... 


I love them! I don't think I could walk in them but I still love them! haha.
For my card, I wanted pretty pinks and greens on a pale blue background. I tried a couple techniques that I have not yet attempted.
First, I colored with markers directly onto my Hero Arts Large Fabric Design background stamp. Then I inked the same stamp with embossing ink and stamped right over the image and embossed it with clear powder. Then I covered it with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and wiped it off.
I stamped a butterfly from the Antique Engravings set and colored it with Copic markers cut it out and placed it on a die cut circle that I sewed around the edges with embroidery floss and added a button. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


I am going to try this inking technique again soon cause it was fun!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Colleen! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete