Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fanatical about Botanical

Cath at the Moxie Fab Blog http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/07/next-moxie-fab-world-challenge.html is hosting a fun challenge and I had a little time to create this card:
The challenge is to create a card in the Botanical style. I had fun making this!

First, I cut out the tag using a Papertrey Tag Sale 3 die.
 Using Scattered Straw ink, I stamped the foliage and then the birds with Memento Black ink. Both stamps are from the Prima "Songbird" clear stamp set.
I had planned on putting just a monogram initial on it next, but got so upset because the stamps I had just would not get a good image. I now know that the quality of a stamp is SO important and even if it looks awesome in the package, it doesn't mean you should buy it!! I threw the whole set away and actually feel good about it!
Anyway, to get back to the card, I stamped 2 Hero Arts (great quality every time!) circles (one inside the other)  using Papertrey's Pure Poppy Ink. I added the sentiment below it from Papertrey's Mega Mixed Messages set. I finished the tag off with a thin strip of pure poppy cardstock cut with dec. scissors and some red and white baker's twine. I added foam dimensional tape to the back.
 I ran a piece of Fine Linen cardstock through my BigShot in a Cuttlebug embossing folder with some Fresh Snow ink on it and placed it on a standard size white card. I stitched with black thread around the edge. Wow that's a long story! haha I really had so much fun making this and had so many other ideas for this challenge that I think I will try to do another before the deadline tomorrow! See ya then! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Colleen! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete